LOVE CHILDERN HOME（LCH）プログラムを推進する価値
LOVE CHILDERN HOME (LCH) envisions a permanent systemic change within the child welfare system; allowing all disenfranchised children in Ethiopia the opportunity to grow up with a stable family unit including siblings, surrogate parent caregivers and strong community ties.
LOVE CHILDERN HOME (LCH) mission is to help disenfranchised children reach their full potential through family-centered, community based homes; to thrive and become productive members of their society.
- Support holistic development of orphan and needy children in an enabling family centered environment.
- Ensure sustainability and self-sufficiency through principles of environmental protection and respect.
- Provide sufficient training and financial support for families to ensure long-term success of their children.
- Develop strong and lasting relationships with donors, partners and government agencies.
- Alleviate suffering of children.
- Raise sufficient funds through donations to LOVE CHILDERN HOME (LCH) in order to actualize the organizational Mission and Goals.
- Create a scalable, repeatable model that could be transferred to other parts of Ethiopian communities and countries where there is a need and desire to implement.
The specific objectives of the program include: –
To fulfill the basic rights/needs of female and male orphans, vulnerable and needy children including their rights of access to:
- Supplementary nutritional assistance;
- Academic and/or vocational education;
- Care and affection;
- Health care and counseling;
- Special care and attention for children with disabilities.
Result (expected outcome of the project)
The project is expected to achieve the following results
- Children will get family centered care,
- Children have access to education,
- All beneficiary children have access to health service,
- Children will get access to psychosocial support,
- Children will become good citizen,
Project Activities and Strategies
- Support children get meal to ensure balanced diet,
- Enroll children in nearby government school,
- Pay registration fees for children,
- Purchase school materials for students,
- Purchase school uniform for students,
- Pay yearly school fee for students,
- Purchase supplementary books,
- Organize tutorial class for all school going students,
- Use voluntary teachers for tutorial class,
- Conduct medical checkup when children become ill,
- Organize health educational twice a year,
- Invite voluntary health professionals to provide health education,
- Provide hygienic materials for children,
- Purchase shoes and cloths two times a year for children,
- Organize life skill training for children parents every 6 month,
- Celebrate holidays 2 times a year,
- Organize family visit programs for children during holydays and summer time,
- Strengthening relationship and cooperation with the existing donors and looking for new ones to solicit funds,
- Signing project agreement with concerned governmental departments for its smooth implementation,
- Select eligible beneficiaries with the collaboration of respected sub cities women children and youth affairs bureau,
- Giving scheduled behavioral support and provide guidance and counseling support for the children,
- Create good working relationship and network with organizations that are working with children welfare,
- Proper utilization of the existing community structures to increase their support in the implementation of the project,
- Ensuring the active participation of children and community in planning, implementing and monitoring of programs that directly or indirectly affect their life,
- Ensuring community participation in the implementation and ownership of the project,
- Building up the institutional capacity of LCH with qualified man power and material resources,
- Efficient and effective utilization of material and financial resource.